Rajshahi Division District List And Upazila List 2022. Rajshahi Division is an administrative region in northwestern Bangladesh. It has a population of about 20 million and an area of 16,154 sq km. Rajshahi Division consists of eight districts, six Upazilas, 59 municipalities, and 574 unions. Rajshahi, Bogra, Pabna, and Sirajganj are the four leading trading centers and major cities of the Rajshahi Division. Nature, Naogaon, Chapainawabganj, Joypurhat are the leading agricultural areas. Rajshahi is the capital of this division.
In 1829 a division was built over a large part of North Bengal. At that time it was headquartered in Murshidabad, India. This division was made up of 6 districts. The districts were Murshidabad, Malda, Jalpaiguri, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Bogra, Pabna and Rajshahi. A few years later, the divisional headquarters was shifted to Rampur-Boalia mouza in present day Rajshahi city. Later in 18 the divisional headquarters was shifted to Jalpaiguri, India.
After the partition of Pak-India in 1947, Rajshahi was turned into a division of the then East Pakistan and the headquarters of this division was established in the city of Rajshahi. At that time the districts of the Rajshahi division were Kushtia, Khulna, Dinajpur, Bogra, Pabna, Jessore, Rangpur, and Rajshahi. Khulna division was formed in 1960 by cutting off the Khulna, Kushtia, Jessore, and Barisal districts of the Rajshahi division.
As a result, the number of districts in the Rajshahi division was 5 and the jails were: Dinajpur, Pabna, Bogra, Rangpur, and Rajshahi. After the war of liberation in 1971, the Rajshahi division with 5 districts became part of Bangladesh. In 1984, this division became a subdivisional district of each district. At that time the total number of districts in this division was 16. The 5 districts that break up are the new districts.
Bogra (Bogra and Joypurhat)
Pabna (Pabna & Sirajganj)
Rajshahi (Rajshahi, Natore, Naogaon, Chapainawabganj)
Dinajpur (Dinajpur, Thakurgaon and Panchagarh)
Rangpur (Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Nilphamari, Lalmonirhat)
In 2010, Rangpur division was formed with 6 districts of Rangpur region and the present Rajshahi division was reconstituted with 6 districts of Rajshahi region.
Rajshahi Division District List:
Chapainawabganj District is an administrative place in the Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh. This district inside Rajshahi division is sometimes called Nawabganj and Chapai. Before the divide of the Indian subcontinent, it was a part of Malda district. In 1947, it was separated from Malda and incorporated into East Pakistan and became a subdivision of Rajshahi district. Debuted as a single district in 1984. Many people also know Chapainawabganj as ‘Mango Country’.
Chapainawabganj district has 5 upazilas. These are:
1. Chapainawabganj Sadar Upazila, 2. Gomstapur Upazila, 3. Nachol Upazila, 4. Bholahat Upazila, and 5. Shibganj upazila.
Joypurhat District is an administrative place in the Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh.
Joypurhat district has 5 upazilas. These are:
1. Joypurhat Sadar Upazila, 2. Akkelpur Upazila, 3. Kalai Upazila, 4. Khetlal Upazila, and 5. Panchbibi Upazila.
Naogaon District is an administrative region in the Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh. According to the number of upazilas, Naogaon is an “A” class district of Bangladesh. Naogaon district is geographically part of the greater Barind land. The territory adjoining the Bangladesh-India international border in the north-western part of Bangladesh, which was considered as Naogaon subdivision till March 1, 1974, has become the Naogaon district of present day Bangladesh.
Naogaon district has 11 upazilas in total:
1. Patnitala Upazila, 2. Dhamairhat Upazila, 3. Mahadevpur Upazila, 4. Porsha Upazila, 5. Sapahar Upazila, 6. Badalgachhi Upazila, 7. Manda Upazila, 8. Niamatpur Upazila, 9. Atrai Upazila, 10. Raninagar Upazila, and 11. Naogaon Sadar Upazila
Natore District is a district lying in the Rajshahi Division of Bangladesh. It is circumscribe on the north by Naogaon district and Bogra district, on the south with Pabna district and Kushtia district, on the east by Pabna district and Sirajganj district and on the west by Rajshahi district. The district covers an area of 1905.05 sq km.
It is one of the eight districts of north-western Bangladesh. Natore is the Thirty-five number district of Bangladesh in terms of area. Although Natore district is not a disaster-prone area, occasional floods occur in Atrai and Padma rivers in Singra and Lalpur Upazilas. Although the climate is the same in all the Upazilas of Sadar and Natore, the average heat in Lalpur is relatively high. The district has a wealthy tradition among the old patterns.
Natore district has 7 upazilas, 6 thanas and 8 municipalities. Natore has 4 parliamentary seats. The upazilas of Natore district are:
1. Natore Sadar Upazila, 2. Bagatipara Upazila, 3. Baraigram Upazila, 4. Gurudaspur Upazila, 5. Lalpur Upazila, 6. Singra Upazila,and 7. Naldanga Upazila
Natore district municipality:
1. Natore Municipality (Class A), 2. Singra Municipality (Class A), 3. Gurudaspur Municipality (Class A), 4. Baraigram Municipality (Class B), 5. Gopalpur Municipality (Class B), 6. Bagatipara Municipality (Class C), 7. Banpara Municipality (Class A), and 8. Naldanga Municipality (Class B)
Pabna district is an important administrative region in the Rajshahi division of central Bangladesh. According to the number of upazilas, Pabna is an “A” class district of Bangladesh.
Pabna district has 9 upazilas:
1. Atgharia Upazila, 2. Ishwardi Upazila, 3. Chatmohar Upazila, 4. Pabna Sadar Upazila, 5. Faridpur Upazila, 6. Bera Upazila, 6. Bhangura Upazila, 6. Santhia Upazila, 9. Sujanagar Upazila.
Bogra District is an directorial region in the Rajshahi Division of northwestern Bangladesh. According to the number of upazilas, Bogra is an “A” class district of Bangladesh. The present name of Pundravardhana, the capital of the ancient Pundra kingdom, is Mahasthangarh, which is located in Bogra district and is known as an archeological site. Bogra is called the gateway to North Bengal.
Bogra district was established in 1821 as a district. The total number of Upazilas in the district is 12. There are 12 municipal councils and 106 unions. Besides, there are 2,695 villages and 1,659 mouzas in the district. The upazilas of Bogra district are:
1. Shajahanpur Upazila, 2. Adamdighi Upazila, 3. Bogra Sadar Upazila, 4. Dhunat Upazila, 5. Dupchanchia Upazila, 6. Gabtali Upazila, 7. Kahalu Upazila, 8. Nandigram Upazila, 9. Sariakandi Upazila, 10. Sherpur Upazila, 11. Shibganj Upazila, Bogra, and 12. Sonatala Upazila.
Rajshahi district is a district in the northern part of Bangladesh. This district belongs to Rajshahi division. Caused by its location, it is a special class district of Bangladesh.
1. Godagari Upazila, 2. Tanore upazila, 3. Mohanpur Upazila, 4. Bagmara Upazila, 5. Durgapur Upazila, Rajshahi, 6. Bagha Upazila, 7. Charghat Upazila, 8. Paba Upazila, and 9. Puthia Upazila.
Sirajganj subdivision of Pakistan period was upgraded to a district on April 1, 1984. This district has 9 Upazilas:
1. Belkuchi Upazila, 2. Kamarkhand Upazila, 3. Chowhali Upazila, 4. Kazipur Upazila, 5. Raiganj Upazila, 6. Shahjadpur Upazila, 7. Sirajganj Sadar Upazila, 8. Tarash Upazila, and 9. Ullapara Upazila.
Besides, there are three police stations in Sirajganj district namely Salanga, Jamuna Bridge West, and Enayetpur. Here Rajshahi division district list with the Upazila list.
“Respected visitor, Infobdonline.com is the popular website in the USA. Infobdonline.com regularly publish articles about USA insurance, health, hospital, university, college, school, and Best product reviews for the usa people. Please comments and share our articles with your friends.”